You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Where to get more transitions—free or paid?

Hi,

Love FCP transitions but where can I get more free or paid?

Royks

Mac mini, macOS 14.5

Posted on Sep 7, 2024 9:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 9:17 AM

This is not what you want to hear but look at any Hollywood blockbuster and the only transitions you will see 99% of the time are straight cuts.

Fancy transitions are the refuge of lousy film-makers in a misguided attempt to liven up their boring footage and it just doesn't work.

I know because I asked the same question nearly 20 years ago when I first came on these forums!

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2024 9:17 AM in response to royksjr

This is not what you want to hear but look at any Hollywood blockbuster and the only transitions you will see 99% of the time are straight cuts.

Fancy transitions are the refuge of lousy film-makers in a misguided attempt to liven up their boring footage and it just doesn't work.

I know because I asked the same question nearly 20 years ago when I first came on these forums!

Sep 9, 2024 1:15 AM in response to royksjr

I didn't recognise you from the "name" you originally posted under and mistakenly assumed I was dealing with a youngster eager to demonstrate spurious editing skills with flashy effects . . . rather like the old saying, "All fur coats and no ********".

Are you suggesting that your films are not the usual thoughtless, boring, run of the mill videos posted regularly on YT? Heaven forbid!

I understand your requirements but unfortunately I can't help so maybe someone else can chip in.

Best wishes to you Elmer.

PS. I omitted the last of the 3 as that may have been the reason your post was pulled.

Sep 9, 2024 1:13 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Looks like somebody didn't like your post Elmer and pulled it!

Probably because you included YT links which for some unknown reason are frowned on by the powers that be.

So I have taken the liberty of reposting from your email with altered links.

Well, I hate to disagree with the magnificence that is Ian Brown, a gentleman and scholar I admire, but Ian, you don't know who I am or what I do.

I don't make films as per usual, and I have a need unlike your typical filmmaker.

Check out these one-minute wonders and tell me I'm over-delivering.

The Blind See (91k views on TikTok)

The Blind See

Life Is A Mystery

Life is a Mystery

BTW, uncertain of your social media tastes led me to upload to YT, a platform I rarely visit or post on, bc any one can view.

All the best

Royks

Where to get more transitions—free or paid?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.