You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Midi crashing Logic on Thread 6

Got a funny little crash going on when I close Logic Pro, though only when I close.

Logic is pretty stable here (v 11.0.1 under Sonoma 14.6.1) on an M2 Studio Ultra.

I'd love to understand what's going on here so I'm posting a crashlog. The issue is always thread 6, with what seem to be references to midi?

The problem seemed to start after I installed a Roland driver for their new GM800 guitar synth (amazing unit, incredible tracking btw). I'm not convinced this driver is really ARM compliant and after frequent crashing I uninstalled this driver - using the uninstaller - and since then the crashing is happening much less often.

I now drive Logic from the guitar synth using a Nektar mdi-to-USB converter box, this way I can still use the GM800 without the driver installed. But could this be the culprit I wonder?

If someone out there understands crashlogs would you be kind enough to cast an eye over this case?

( In my setup I've no other midi devices connected apart from the GM800, though an M Audio Hammer 88 and a Maschine Micro are connected via USB.)

Like that man in the YT video from Richmond Great Park with an angry stag round the other side of his tree-trunk ... I would truly appreciate some help here!!

Mac Studio

Posted on Sep 7, 2024 2:06 AM

1 reply

Midi crashing Logic on Thread 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.