You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

New Apple Devices removed Entire Music Library from iPhone

Hi All ! The new Apple Devices (replacing iTunes) removed my entire Music Library from my iPhone. This Music Library is effectively 100 % albums ripped from CD's that I own, and they are all on my hard drive. I've followed all of the recommended steps, including a supposedly "bullet proof" method of drag-&-dropping folders between my PC and Apple Devices (using a split screen), but even that doesn't work. When I attempt to do that, as soon as the folder crosses into the Apple Devices window the ISO Prohibition Symbol (red circle with red slash) appears. Any ideas of how to fix this ? Thanks !!!

Windows, Windows 11 (22631)

Posted on Sep 6, 2024 9:10 AM

1 reply

Sep 8, 2024 6:07 PM in response to TexasTJ

Update: Another 2 hours and I have about 40 % of my music back on my iPhone 15 Pro Max, after more research that pointed out that you need to download the Apple Music App as well, and use both of them in order to do this. That said, none of the artwork (title pics) conveyed. Not sure why Apple makes syncing to a Windows PC intentionally difficult, this is really painful.

New Apple Devices removed Entire Music Library from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.