You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Transactions on the Personal budget not showing up in the budget summary page? HELP

When I enter transactions they are not showing up on the budget page? I have entered 60 items and the busget page is only showing the 10 entries? I went thru and made sure the headings were all aligned with each cell but the amounts and the catagories are not running a total

MacBook Air, macOS 14.4

Posted on Sep 6, 2024 3:55 AM

5 replies

Sep 11, 2024 4:52 AM in response to Gdamon28

Go here and change the values in the Pop-Up Menu to match.

Once you entered the values you need in the Pop-Up Menu and have tested to make sure it's working in that one cell, C2, then:

1. choose the blank option at the bottom of the Pop-Up Menu for C2,
  2. click cell C2 and command-c
  3. double-click the letter C column header at the top
  4. command-v to paste into all the body cells of that row.

Then all the cells should have your custom Pop-Up Menu that exactly matches the categories in the 'Summary by Category' table.

SG

Sep 6, 2024 5:02 AM in response to GMMCLA

The spellings of the Category names in Column A of the 'Summary by Category' table:

..must match exactly the spellings in the Pop-Up Menu in the cells of Column C of the 'Transactions' table:

Also check to make sure the SUMIF formula in Column C ('Actual') of the 'Summary by Category' is there in all the cells of that column.

SG

Sep 24, 2024 3:19 AM in response to Gdamon28

I have the pop up menu done. It is customized, However when I add more rows to the transaction sheet and lets say I input an amount and the custom catagory on the transaction sheet in line 65 it doesnt show up on the summary page. This is frustrating, I love the layout for numbers personal budget but I keep running into glitches.

Transactions on the Personal budget not showing up in the budget summary page? HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.