You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Quick time sudden stops

I am trying to record some old videos from my Sony digital handycam and save them to the cloud. When I start recoding, it works for 10 minutes but then I get a message saying "recording stopped". This never happened before and was working perfectly fine.

Posted on Sep 4, 2024 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2024 11:05 AM

what location are you using as your "save to" location? I have, in the past, encountered issues with longer recordings stopping / not saving unexpectedly whenever I have selected anything other than "desktop" as my "save to" location. this has been especially true when "save to" is set to an external drive. so I now use "desktop" as my "save to" every time and afterwards I move them to my desired location manually. I haven't had an issue since.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2024 11:05 AM in response to galaxy2

what location are you using as your "save to" location? I have, in the past, encountered issues with longer recordings stopping / not saving unexpectedly whenever I have selected anything other than "desktop" as my "save to" location. this has been especially true when "save to" is set to an external drive. so I now use "desktop" as my "save to" every time and afterwards I move them to my desired location manually. I haven't had an issue since.

Quick time sudden stops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.