You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy and paste in Sonoma 14.6.1 (23G93) is erratic when pasting a Note with pictures and text to Pages

I am creating a "back up" file of a series of 50 notes, in Pages.  Each note contains pictures and text to be copied and pasted into a Pages document and saved.  When I began, the first 12 notes had no issues; Select All, Copy... Paste into a new Pages document, save, and  repeat.   Beginning with 13th note, Select all, Copy and Pasting into a Pages document did not work.  Copy and paste did work  with an individual image and text.  However occasionally a text box overlays the image when pasting a single image.   This has happened several times.  Installed on my computer is Copyclip, which keeps a copy of up to 10 previous selections.  Using Copyclip, I selected the note in which all items were selected, and pasted it in pages, the text was inserted but the pictures were missing.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 3, 2024 8:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2024 2:44 AM

Copying/pasting content from an application that is not a word processing application into Pages can be an ordeal, and using a third-party clipboard tool that may not present that clipboard content in a format that Pages expects to read from the clipboard is another matter. It might be optimistic in hoping that Pages will just solve these ills but it is not that sophisticated.

Try copying/pasting text content, and follow that with with the image(s). Expect reformatting effort.

Using the Notes Export to PDF… might be more productive as a backup feature and eliminates all of the lost productivity fiddling with Pages.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2024 2:44 AM in response to James Blohm

Copying/pasting content from an application that is not a word processing application into Pages can be an ordeal, and using a third-party clipboard tool that may not present that clipboard content in a format that Pages expects to read from the clipboard is another matter. It might be optimistic in hoping that Pages will just solve these ills but it is not that sophisticated.

Try copying/pasting text content, and follow that with with the image(s). Expect reformatting effort.

Using the Notes Export to PDF… might be more productive as a backup feature and eliminates all of the lost productivity fiddling with Pages.

Copy and paste in Sonoma 14.6.1 (23G93) is erratic when pasting a Note with pictures and text to Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.