You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't insert TOC (greyed out) in Pages 14.1

Hello,

Since iAuthor became Pages, I saved my iAuthor file in pages. I used the styles to define the chapter names and section heading. I can see the TOC on the sidebar, and that works for the pdf.

I'm kind of a newbie with Pages, was tearing my hair out because the text wouldn't continue to the next page. I just learned that I was in the Page Layout version. So I converted to the Word Processing version, and added a fresh page to house the TOC, but the button at bottom of TOC sidebar is still greyed out.

I tried the main tool bar INSERT, and hover over TOC - the 'document' and 'section' options both are greyed out as well. I'm so close to publishing my workbook and am stuck.

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Sep 3, 2024 12:09 AM

There are no replies.

Can't insert TOC (greyed out) in Pages 14.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.