You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie: Align overlapping clips

Years ago I digitized MiniDV videos as uncompressed avi files. There was a file size limit of 2GB, so some scenes had to be saved in more than one segment. In digitizing them I overlapped the segments so that the beginning of the second clip was before the end of the first clip. Now I want to join the segments. Is there a way to align 2 consecutive clips so the transition from one segment to the next is invisible, and the scene plays as one continuous uninterrupted scene? I think this would involve putting one segment in a layer above the other. I'm brand new to iMovie. Can this be done?

iMac 27″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 2, 2024 10:40 AM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2024 12:42 AM in response to realw

You will need to stretch the timeline so there is a bigger space between each frame.

To do this hold down the Command key and keep tapping the + key until the timeline stops enlarging.

You can then move the cursor a frame at a time by using the left or right arrow keys.

When you have finished you can shrink the timeline by using the Command and - (minus) key.

If you want to make the whole timeline just fit the monitor press Shift and Z

iMovie: Align overlapping clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.