You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages command to show document in finder

Hi. I am a reative newbie on Pages (although i have used macs for a longtime). I have the habit of clicking on the title of a Word document in order to reveal its location in the file where it is stored. I often do this to make a duplicate or to change the name when I want to start a new draft. I have not been able to figure out how to do this in Pages. Any help?

MacBook Pro (M3, 2023)

Posted on Sep 2, 2024 7:18 AM

5 replies

Sep 2, 2024 8:24 AM in response to VikingOSX

Looking carefully I can see that in some Pages document I can right click and be taken to the document's location. But this is not working in all Pages documents. I can only see the option to change the name of the document and location. Checking further I moved the document in question from a folder shown as Documents to the desktop and not the location is acessible. Can anybody tell me why this is so?

Sep 3, 2024 5:05 AM in response to VikingOSX

It just goes to show that habits are hard to change especailly when they have become automatic gestures or keypad commands as in this case. In fact it is working now that the document has been saved. I don't understand how the title of a document is shown when apparently the document has not been enregistered.

Pages command to show document in finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.