You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Charged for a subscription that I was told was a free trial

I just got a prompt when clicking on an Apple news story that I was eligible to receive one month free of Apple news so I clicked on it then I was immediately charged 14 something to my Apple Card! How can dispute the charge?

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 1, 2024 10:56 AM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2024 11:20 AM in response to Aprilmordie

A Free Trial can only be used once, so if you attempt to use multiple free trials, you will be charged immediately. The offer most likely said that New Subscribers were eligible for a free trial. The same is true for Apple Music, Apple Arcade, and even Apple TV. You were not being targeting as an eligible person, it is the same offer available for all services. The same is true for the Free Trial of Apple Music with the purchase of AirPods. The trial is only for new subscribers and if you already used a trial, you are not eligible. You will see in this example it specifically states New Subscribers.

You can try to request a refund here:

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Charged for a subscription that I was told was a free trial

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.