You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best MacBook I can purchase for continuing my education?

36yr old student mother of three and wife ,got accepted to NLU and I need computer as soon as possible doing online classes of aa very chea[ apple ,I just would prefer an apple

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 29, 2024 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2024 7:11 PM

Suburbangirl88 wrote:

36yr old student mother of three and wife ,got accepted to NLU and I need computer as soon as possible doing online classes of aa very chea[ apple ,I just would prefer an apple

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Have you checked with the university to see whether they have a requirement for the type of computer that you should be using?

If you are enrolled in some types of programs – like civil engineering, software engineering, etc. – the school may have requirements for you to run software that runs only on one platform. You wouldn't want to get a Mac if all of the applications you had to buy for your course work only ran on a Windows PC.

In other cases, you would have the freedom to choose whatever type of computer, you want, within limits.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2024 7:11 PM in response to Suburbangirl88

Suburbangirl88 wrote:

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Have you checked with the university to see whether they have a requirement for the type of computer that you should be using?

If you are enrolled in some types of programs – like civil engineering, software engineering, etc. – the school may have requirements for you to run software that runs only on one platform. You wouldn't want to get a Mac if all of the applications you had to buy for your course work only ran on a Windows PC.

In other cases, you would have the freedom to choose whatever type of computer, you want, within limits.

What is the best MacBook I can purchase for continuing my education?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.