You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded Podcasts Automatically Removed

Hi,

This isn't the worst problem in the world but it's driving me nuts!

I subscribe to a number of podcasts on my iPhone XR. As far as I can see all my settings are configured to never remove downloaded podcasts (because sometimes it can take me a while to get to one).

And yet... periodically, downloaded podcasts vanish.

I can't tell if it's a matter of elapsed time, or upon the download of a more recent podcast, or what... but I'll go to the Downloaded section and notice that there are fewer podcasts there now than there were yesterday. I'll go to the Shows section and the podcast will appear there, un-downloaded, and I can download it again, no problem. It doesn't make a difference whether the podcast had been completely un-played or partially played.

Can anyone tell me why this happening - against my set preference - and what if anything I can do about it?

Thanks!

Stew

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 29, 2024 6:02 AM

There are no replies.

Downloaded Podcasts Automatically Removed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.