You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sonoma upgrade crippled Logic Pro X

All of my instrument plugins are unavailable. The drop down 'AU Instruments' is empty. All of my plugin folders are empty. Please help. This is awful.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Aug 28, 2024 5:20 PM

4 replies

Aug 29, 2024 1:53 PM in response to bunchatony

1. Restart your computer.
  2. Go to your audio settings in Logic and make sure "Core Audio" is enabled. If enabled switch it back and forth, always pressing Apply after each change.
  3. Did you check the compatibilty of your plugins before updating?
  4. What computer model, Logic version and MacOS are you using exactly?
  5. Can you post a screenshot of your audio settings and plugin manager?
  6. What plugins are you missing exactly?
  7. If you are not able to solve the issue, downgrade to the last state with the help of your Time Machine backup.

Aug 29, 2024 3:51 PM in response to yoyoBen

The plugins are compatible. In all previous projects the plugins that I chose are all working and there but there's no way to change them or add new ones.

I have a 16" Mac

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Memorv 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4|2.3 GHz 8-Core lIntel Core

Logic Pro 10.5

Sonoma 14.6.1

The plugins are all in the software, I checked the plugin manager. The problem is the menu is messed up. They are NOT available via the drop down menu.

Sonoma upgrade crippled Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.