You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make layout objects selectable - always selected

I have a Pages template (my own) that always opens with "Make layout objects selectable," which is a little annoying since I need to deselect it before I can edit the document's text.

I've tried deselecting it and then making the new open document a template, but when I open it again as a template, it switches "Make layout objects selectable" back on again.

I'm using Pages 14.1, but this has happened as long as I can remember.

iMac 24″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 28, 2024 5:17 AM

3 replies

Aug 28, 2024 7:23 AM in response to Winston Churchill

When I open a Pages document, choose the blank template (in my case), add a paragraph of text, and make that text a Comment, nothing on that Arrange menu > Section Layouts submenu is selected. A block of commented or highlighted text has nothing to do with Section Layout and its content will always be editable whether Make Layout Objects Selectable is enabled or not.

Do you have other content in that template that is saved to the section master that may be enabling the Make Layout Objects Selectable menu item?

Make layout objects selectable - always selected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.