You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

After the ventura 13.6.9 update autojoin wifi has stopped

I updated to ventura 13.6.9 today and my laptop doesn't autojoin known networks any more.

MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017

Also keyboard brightness was off. I had to turn off adjust brightness in low light to see it at all.

Also touchbar is off and doesn't work any more.

Posted on Aug 28, 2024 4:52 AM

2 replies

Sep 23, 2024 9:38 AM in response to kk-hh

kk-hh wrote:

the touchbar comes and goes, which is a pain if I need the escape key since this laptop have no real escape key

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

After the ventura 13.6.9 update autojoin wifi has stopped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.