You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp - Unable to start Windows

My Computer specifications are shown below:

iMac Retina 5K, 27inch, 2017, i7, 24GB RAM, 775GB Storage 

MAC OS Ventura 13.6.9

Bootcamp: Windows 10, NTFS

For the last 10 years, I had no problem with starting Windows 10 from my iMAC computer using Bootcamp. The Windows Logon  screen would always display my User Name.

Since last week I am unable to start up Windows through  Bootcamp. Windows logon screen does come up. But it displays “OTHER USER” instead of my User Name. It keeps on rejecting my User Id and Password.

So, I started the  computer using MAC OS. Looked at the Disk Utility, and noticed that the Bootcamp options shows “Owners Disabled”. Could this be the reason why I am unable to start Windows? Is there a way to enable the ownership? 

Or, is there a different reason why Windows would not start? 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Posted on Aug 26, 2024 5:40 PM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2024 7:39 PM in response to shafie01

Ownership "disabled" doesn't matter - that just means APFS ownership, which isn't implementable on Windows NTFS volumes.

As for the real problem...if you are seeing "Other User", then Windows thinks there are multiple users and should either accept the user shortname and password, or have a "switch user" link under the login text boxes. Do neither of those work/exist?

Bootcamp - Unable to start Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.