You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing masked images in Keynote - so that they retain the same dimensions as the replaced image

I found this question twice here and I now got the same problem still! Anyone have a solution?

"Its still unresolved. Does anyone know how to bring in an updated image into Keynote (which I've previously placed and masked in Keynote) so that its replaces it exactly? When I bring the updated image back into Keynote it comes in at a reduced size. How do I get Keynote to replace the image and keep it the same size as before?"

Replacing masked images in Keynote - that… - Apple Community

Replacing masked images in Keynote - so t… - Apple Community

Posted on Aug 25, 2024 8:40 PM

2 replies

Aug 26, 2024 10:14 AM in response to agreenfrog

Drop an arbitrary image (including supported RAW images) into Keynote, size accordingly, and from the Format menu > Advanced > Define as Media Placeholder. Any supported, same-size image that you drop on that media placeholder will replace the previous image. If the dropped image is larger, it may be cropped to the size of the placeholder image window. There is no automatic resizing with larger images to avoid cropping.

Replacing masked images in Keynote - so that they retain the same dimensions as the replaced image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.