You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Lock Show Order of Followed Podcasts

Someone, help me. Please.

This issue occurs on my MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, iPhone 13 ProMax, and Watch Series 8.

All are running the most up-to-date iOS version.

Thank You.

I listen to podcasts in a very specific order. When following a pod, I typically 'place it' into the 'pod grid' in 'shows' where I wish to hear it in 'station playback' regularly. I work 10 hours a day in isolation and follow close to 300 pods.. For better or worse, this has become my sanity saver. I like the convenience of pulling up my 'work' station and knowing any new episodes will be funneled in, in my specific, desired order. It's been wonderful. Until it wasn't.

Recently, my followed shows have begun to reorder themselves - LITERALLY AS I'M REARRANGING THEM.

It's like some virtual mahjong game that I'm having no fun playing. They are not reordering into alphabetical nor date followed order. Not in most recently released nor episode length order. Just random as far as I can deduce.

I am NOT saying the episodes are shifting. This is the actual podcast listing in my "Library" -> "Shows" list.

Yes, I have created a station for the pods HOWEVER episodes drop in, in the order of the "shows" in the "library."

I do not wish to manually rearrange new episodes within the station each time, nor do I have the benefit of time to do so.

Please.

There must be a way to "lock" the order of the followed shows in the library.

I don't want to go back to another third-party podfeed.

This is seriously making me question my Apple loyalty. Green messages might not be a bad thing after all.

Thank you for any assistance in correcting this very frustrating issue.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 25, 2024 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 12:24 AM

Still no resolution. This issue has worsened with the latest iOS update.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a podplayer

[Edited by Moderator]

1 reply

Lock Show Order of Followed Podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.