You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote problem resolved - please add a knowledge base document about this issue

My problem was just resolved with an *excellent* call to Apple support...but this is missing from the documentation for Keynote.

I typically use my MBPro and another screen when using Keynote for presentations. When I am making an online presentation, I want to retain my external monitor as a display I can still use. In other words, I want to turn the Presenter Display OFF. There's no documentation on how to do that. My support call was because whenever I started a slide show in fullscreen, my other display (MBPro) went blank (all black) - even if I went into the Presenter Display settings and turned everything OFF.

Here's the solution (MacOS 14.6.1):

To show a Keynote presentation in fullscreen and still have the use of your other monitor.

1. Be sure mirroring is off (in System Settings > Displays)
  2. Open the Keynote presentation.
  3. From the Play menu and select "In Window"
  4. On the toolbar, click the Play button (right facing arrow). The slide show should appear in the player window.
  5. THEN go to View menu and and select "Enter fullscreen".

If you select "In fullscreen" in Step 3, Keynote will put the Presenter screen on or blacken the second display (which is what I had been doing).

Like I said, this appears nowhere in the documentation I could find. Please add this to the Keynote manual/support to help folks know how to avoid the presenter screen and not lose their second display.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 23, 2024 9:14 AM

1 reply

Keynote problem resolved - please add a knowledge base document about this issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.