You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Airport Time Capsule died and I've since added LaCie for my backups on MacBook Air, Sonoma 14.6.1. Do I somehow remove the Airport Time Capsule backups so the 'Data-AirPort Time Capsule.local box goes away on Time Machine Screen?

I recently purchased a LaCie Rugged SSD Pro to replace my faithful Airport Time Capsule. The Time Machine screen on my MacBook Air, Sonoma 14.6.1, still shows the Data-Airport Time Capsule.local box as well as one for the LaCie. I tried deleting the Airport Time Capsule box pushing Delete as well as <Option> Delete with no success. The Airport Time Capsule is affecting my internet connection and zeroes out access. I then need to restart the Mac. Thank you for any suggestions on how to go forward.

MacBook Air, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 21, 2024 2:39 PM

1 reply

My Airport Time Capsule died and I've since added LaCie for my backups on MacBook Air, Sonoma 14.6.1. Do I somehow remove the Airport Time Capsule backups so the 'Data-AirPort Time Capsule.local box goes away on Time Machine Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.