You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring Apple Music library to ITunes

Hi I had my ITunes library on Windows PC, I have received a second hand IMac PC. I transferred my ITunes library from the windows PC on to a hard drive the transferred it to the iMac but a lot of the tracks have been duplicated and a lot of the artwork is missing.

Is it possible to restore the library by syncing the Apple Music app on my IPhone.

Posted on Aug 21, 2024 12:43 PM

1 reply

Aug 21, 2024 1:17 PM in response to McNaught67

McNaught67 wrote:

Is it possible to restore the library by syncing the Apple Music app on my IPhone.

No. Syncing with the iPhone, is one way only. Computer to iPhone. You cannot directly extract the music from the iPhone and recreate your library on the Mac

Your best bet, is to make sure your Library from the Windows PC is in a portable fashion, and transfer it again. Deleting the current one from the Mac before the new transfer.

click here ➜ Move your iTunes library to another computer - Apple Support

and here ➜ Make a split library portable - Apple Community

Transferring Apple Music library to ITunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.