You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manage Custom Sizes in Pages

I'm trying to manage to a custom size in Pages from mm to in. I have changed it in Settings under Rulers to inches, yet when I go to File > Page Setup > Manage Custom Sizes (at the bottom of the window that lists all paper sizes), it still shows up as mm. I need it show in inches. Please help!!

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.6

Posted on Aug 15, 2024 1:19 PM

3 replies

Aug 16, 2024 10:58 AM in response to photoel

Glad you fixed it. For reference, though, I think this is a MacOS-level thing, not Pages per se.

Since you're trying to set a custom page size in Page Setup, that's controlled by the OS Printer system, independent of any application. That's why it doesn't react/respond to Pages preferences.

I do concur, though, it's odd that you can't set metric units on a paper size when set to a US system - seems like something easy for the OS to convert. https://feedback.apple.com/ :)

Aug 15, 2024 3:52 PM in response to photoel

Pages v14.1 offers Settings > Rulers > Ruler Units in Points, Centimeters, or Inches. There is no millimeter setting. If you create custom sizes in the File menu > Page Setup tool, and Pages Rulers is set to inches, or even centimeters, entering mm or cm will still bounce back to inches. Just tested that to annoyance.

You would be better served to use an Apple Calculator conversion from inches <=> mm rather than count on Pages or Page Setup for that purpose. I am not in a metric country and that might be part of the issue in the first paragraph.

Manage Custom Sizes in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.