You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving the anchor of an image on a page

If I place an image on a page with text, the anchor (or how you call that blue pin) is always on the line or paragraph ABOVE the the image.

I want the top edge of the image to be in line with the current line or headline and the anchor attached to that line or paragraph. The main reason is, if I move the paragraph, the image won't move because it is attachted to a different (wrong) paragraph.

How can I do that?

Posted on Aug 14, 2024 2:09 AM

3 replies

Aug 14, 2024 10:52 AM in response to papalapapp

Pages is not designed to do what you ask and there is no workaround to move that image anchor into the same paragraph that is wrapping around the image. If you change the Object Placement to Stay on Page, then that anchor disappears entirely, regardless of where you drag the image.

If the image is dragged even with the first sentence of the first paragraph on the page, then the anchor is set between the end of the first sentence and the image.

Moving the anchor of an image on a page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.