You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good MacBooks to run adobe in 2024.

I need help finding a good MacBook that runs photoshop, illustrator, and in design. I'd love to hear your advice and recommendations! I don't have a limit on price, but definitely an affordable one that can run these specific apps.

Posted on Aug 12, 2024 10:59 AM

2 replies

Aug 12, 2024 12:25 PM in response to nabisaturn

Adobe recommends at least 16 GB of RAM for each of those applications. RAM is non-expandable after purchase on Mac notebooks, so it is important to get enough of it, even if that means custom-ordering.

You can get 8, 16, or 24 GB of RAM on a Mac notebook with a base M2 or M3 chip. I believe that MacBook Pros with M3 Pro chips come with at least 18 GB of RAM, and that MacBook Pros with M3 Max chips come with at least 36 GB of RAM.

It seems unlikely that you would need more than 36 GB of RAM – but if you did, MacBook Pros with M3 Max chips can be ordered with up to 128 GB of RAM.

Good MacBooks to run adobe in 2024.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.