You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Events>Reveal in Finder Greyed Out

Hello,

For some reason my iMovie Events are not able to be found using the right-click Reveal in Finder command. My iMovie Library is in one location on my macOS internal hard drive. The media is definitely in the Library.

Not sure what's going on.

TIA

Posted on Aug 5, 2024 4:12 PM

7 replies

Aug 17, 2024 7:07 PM in response to Aristophanes

The first thing to try when iMovie misbehaves is to delete/reset preferences. To delete/reset preferences close and then open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and then delete preferences from the box that appears. . iMovie will open in a new empty library. Close iMovie and double click on your old library's icon in the Movies folder (or wherever you have the library stored). iMovie will open your old library and from there get back to your projects. Now see if Reveal in Finder works. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

— Rich

iMovie Events>Reveal in Finder Greyed Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.