You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to upload a video to iMovie

Hello. I have tried uploading this iMovie project about 10 times now. It's a 30-minute video and there have been several reasons why it hasn't uploaded. At first, it was because the project media wasn't fully downloaded to imovie and was existing on the SD card. Then, I fixed that problem, redownloaded the media, and copy/pasted the project onto a new iMovie library. When I tried downloading it it would stop halfway through. I cleared preferences and copy/pasted the media into a new movie again. This happened a number of times. I shut off my laptop, reopened it, and tried again. Finally, it would get to the final part of the download and iMovie would "quit unexpectedly". So now, I've gotten it to a point where it will download it without that error but when I open it in files I get the message that quick play cannot read it. What can I do to fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Aug 4, 2024 4:00 PM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2024 11:03 PM in response to ClaudiaCampbell

Hi,

Try converting the clip to Mp4/AAC with the free download, Handbrake. That should solve the issue.

You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

A simple way to do it is to open Handbrake and do a File/Open Source. Navigate to your video and choose it as the source from the resulting screen. Then do File/Start Encoding. Wait a couple of minutes for the conversion to

complete. Then save and import the converted clip into iMovie.

— Rich

I am unable to upload a video to iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.