You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Pages Crashes and Will Not Update

iPhone: 7+

iOS: 15.8.3

Current Pages Version: 13.1

Available Pages Version: 14.1

Pages Document crashes when trying to Open and trying to Use. Must restart iPhone to use Pages, then Pages crashes while using.

Cannot find a way to update Pages to current version.

Posted on Aug 3, 2024 1:55 PM

8 replies

Sep 3, 2024 6:59 AM in response to montnls128

Problem Solved!

The problem with Pages and Numbers was the iPhone model. Apple stopped supporting iPhone 7 Plus in July of 2023. Mine had not received any updates in a year. On 08/06/24, for a measly $929.87 I traded it in on a 14 Plus and the problem was solved. Incidentally; 7 Plus is the oldest iPhone that is acceptable for trade in, anything older and they will only offer to dispose of it for you.

7 Plus was running 15.8.3

14 Plus, as of, 08/06/24 was running 17.6

7 Plus had not updated Pages and Numbers since 13.1

14 Plus, as of 08/06/24, was running Pages and Numbers 14.1

For an extra $100.00 I even doubled the memory from 128 gigabytes to 256 gigabytes. Before the issue manifested itself I had only used about 85% of the available memory. During the crisis I deleted as much as I thought I could live without and got it down to about 75% usage of memory.

Pages Crashes and Will Not Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.