You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How are ads on podcast ads hyper local?

I get my podcasts from Apple with the iOS app. I’ve noticed some of the ads that I get are hyper local. Very local retailers, or health care providers. I am wondering how that works. Do the podcast creators know where I live? Or does Apple know where I am because of my profile on Apple? Or does Apple know where I am by tracing my Internet connection?

how do these small local vendors get their ad to Apple?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Aug 3, 2024 1:53 PM

2 replies

Aug 10, 2024 12:05 PM in response to muguy

The question is who is inserting the ads? I don't see any way that the publisher could be inserting the ads because they are hyper targeted. I am receiving ads that are only relevant for people in an approximate 25 mile radius. I don't see any mechanism in the Apple podcaster platform to enable this type of localization, let alone upload multiple versions of the same podcast with that level of specificity. I also don't see any way to upload region specific ads. So who is inserting the ads and how are they managed?

How are ads on podcast ads hyper local?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.