You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my external drive to be read on bootcamp windows 10 without using control panel?

I am using bootcamp on a 15 inch 2016 MacBook Pro with 16gb of ram and 256gb of internal storage. Whenever I boot into Windows 10, my external drive (which is exFAT) is not available without using control panel. Everything worked until I was updating the software using apple software update. After that, I had to use control panel every time. When I do so, I get an error saying that there is something wrong with the drive and scanning it doesn't work even though I can click the option. I know that it isn't a big deal to use create and format hard disk partitions to change the drive letter, but I think it might be causing issues with Steam. The games that now won't start give errors that I haven't received in the past. When I go to properties of the external drive and try to use the eroor checking tool, nothing happens, not even a pop-up. I have tried to use the command prompt as well and get no erros. Using first aid on macos doesn't do anything either. I am assuming that the drive is corrupted but I don't know how to fix it without formatting. Please help.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Jul 31, 2024 5:37 PM

There are no replies.

How do I get my external drive to be read on bootcamp windows 10 without using control panel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.