You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to select lower case text for Titles in iMovie Mac

The Titles I select are ALL CAPS. How do I get them to not be ALL CAPS? iMovie MacBook Air M2.

MacBook Air, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jul 30, 2024 7:56 AM

3 replies

Jul 31, 2024 9:58 AM in response to ejbpesca

Unfortunately, Mac iMovie does not have a feature that allows for changing the All Caps in a specific title. That's why you are unable to find it.

You can create your title text in a Preview App transparency screen and import it into iMovie. Then, in the iMovie project timeline, overlay it with Picture in Picture onto the title template.

If you want to try that, take a look at this thread:

I am trying to put text on the top of my … - Apple Community

Different than the above thread is that now you would be deleting the default text in the title template and overlaying the transparency text onto the template. So, you would get something like this:

Original title with all caps in top line:

New title with default text deleted and transparency title overlaid with Picture in Picture to eliminate the All Caps:

-- Rich

How to select lower case text for Titles in iMovie Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.