You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Feature Request: KEYNOTE advance slides with double-click

The following feature would be an "opt-in" feature in the settings section, to be used by advanced/professional users who present with a remote, rather than with a computer in front of them. Think TEDtalks, Conferences, Sermons, product announcements, etc.

Keynote does a great job of letting you organize your slide into hierarchy sets. It makes keeping your slides organized especially in very large, complicated decks. However, after the build the utility of the hierarchy is useless if you only use a remote to present your material.

Imagine a deck that has been sorted into this hierarchy:

TITLE SLIDE

Main point 1

Sub point 1

Sub point 2

Sub point 3

Main point 2

Sub point 1

Sub point 2

Sub point 3

Main point 3

Sub point 1

Sub point 2

Sub point 3

FINAL SLIDE

In Keynote you can easily organize your slides into this sort of tiered arrangement so that very large decks can be easier to navigate by collapsing the tiers. PowerPoint doesn't have this function... they have what they call "Sections", but it's not as useful or easy to use.

Every presentation has some sort of time restraints. Those of us who present for a living know that we often over prepare for our presentations. Going short can look just as unprofessional as going long... so we over prepare.

The feature I would like to see is to use the hierarchy as shortcuts for advancing slides. If I am on "Main Point 2, Sub Point 1" and I realize I don't have enough time to cover all the materials in "Sub Points 2 and 3", clicking through to the next desired slide looks unprofessional. It would be nice to skip those slides seemlessly to "Main Point 3" with a double click of the presentation remote.

By having the hierarchy already pre-set, the double click would simply advance to the next slide that is one level higher. With this function turned on, it would be great if the back button would simple return to the previously viewed slide, rather than a simple one slide retreat in case of an accidental double-click.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jul 29, 2024 5:00 PM

1 reply

Feature Request: KEYNOTE advance slides with double-click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.