You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover my iTunes library after a Transfer?

My only I tunes library resides on an external hard drive since 2017.

I have always used Windows computers.

Having acquired new I phone 15 pro plus I wished to return the whole library to Windows 10 computer so that the library can be updated and synced/shared with my I phone

i iTunes is up to date on windows 10 and after a few false starts yesterday I finally managed to bring up the library such as it was on screen. However the writing confirmed all tracks etc. were present but all was greyed out and non responsive.

I clicked on files I think and a message appeared to say I will have to download all tracks again! This is nigh on impossible many cds are no longer in my possession and many tracks are backed up in old files and computers. I am now 78 and not at my peak of being able to carry out or even comprehend complicated instructions. My library is or more probably was over 64gb.

I am in uk and wonder what has gone wrong and is it really unrecoverable?

I have read a few threads on here so yes I know I should have had more than one backup but I don’t so no good keep telling me that as many threads seem to delight in informing subscribers! What’s done is done I accept I am a clueless individual but I am still asking for help from those in the know. If all is lost then so be it.

Thank you in advance for any help available.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 29, 2024 9:42 AM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2024 10:08 AM in response to Lady Louisa

As well as my previous link try Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows - Apple Community in case there are issues accessing content on the external drive on a new computer. See also Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community should you find that you need to pull in the media that is on your device.

tt2

How can I recover my iTunes library after a Transfer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.