You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Remote for iOS: Can use iPhone as remote, can't use iPad as remote

I have my iPhone and iPad set up with my phone acting as the remote control for Keynote. It was pretty straightforward.

Then I decided that I'd prefer to present from my iPhone and use the iPad as the remote. I checked to see if this is possible, and YES either device can be used to remote-control a Keynote presentation on the other.

However when trying to use the iPad as a remote, it can't find the iPhone. I have the iPhone with a presentation going, but the iPad is stuck in device search mode.

I temporarily switched back to using the iPad as the presentation device and the iPhone as the remote controller, and that still works fine. But it doesn't work the other way around. Why would it work in only one direction? Any ideas?

Both devices are on iOS 17.5.1 and the latest version of Keynote.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jul 29, 2024 12:50 AM

There are no replies.

Keynote Remote for iOS: Can use iPhone as remote, can't use iPad as remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.