You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual Fan maximum RPMs in my 2017 iMac Pro

Trying to find out the specs for max RPMs in my 2017 iMac pro. On full blast using Mac Fan Control the one is running at 1100 RPMs and the other is running at ~2490/2500. 2500 RPMs looks to be the top end. the 1100 RPMs fan doesn't fluctuate like the 2500 RPMs fan does. Top average temps for the cores (8), GPU and SSD drive is ~120° F. Any one have the specs on this model?

iMac Pro, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jul 27, 2024 1:18 PM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2024 8:19 AM in response to JDSjdsJDS

The default 1100 to 2500 rpm fan speed should be listed on the MacFanControl panel.

Plus you should be able to see and manage each fan independently using the MacFanControl panel.

There should be no reason to run either fan at max RPM. If you need a little more cooling, then 1400 to 1600 rpm should give you plenty of extra cooling.

If you are having an issue properly controlling the fan speeds with MacFanControl for whatever reason...?

Then uninstall the MacFanControl utility and reset the iMac Pros SMC.

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Dual Fan maximum RPMs in my 2017 iMac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.