You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Code -1008 Mac Pro model A1989

My Mac won’t let me pass the screen that says code startup -1008F I’m trying to que to wipe all data and being the Apple from factory settings what I should do I had done so much to it and nothing appears to work . Appreciated all the advice I could get .

Rj

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Jul 27, 2024 5:48 AM

2 replies

Jul 27, 2024 6:04 AM in response to salsadancer1

salsadancer1 SAid:

"Code -1008 Mac Pro model A1989 : My Mac won’t let me pass the screen that says code startup -1008F I’m trying to que to wipe all data and being the Apple from factory settings what I should do I had done so much to it and nothing appears to work . Appreciated all the advice I could get ."

-------

Troubleshooting "Code -1008":

You may need to remove the activation lock. Being offline (not connected it iCloud), you'd go through iCloud.com on another device, to perform this.

1. Go Here: How to Remove Activation Lock - Apple Support
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

Code -1008 Mac Pro model A1989

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.