You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie is adding full video from album to Movie instead of adjusted & cropped video done in Photos

Steps to reproduce:

• I shot a 10 seconds video on iPhone
  • Imported it in Photos on Macbook
  • Added it in an Album "Temp"
  • Adjusted it to 5 seconds & saved
  • In iMovie - Library - Photos - My Albums, It shows the video as 5 seconds video
  • I click on + to add the selection in the Movie
  • In Timeline view, it shows as the original 10 seconds video and not the adjusted one.

Posted on Jul 27, 2024 2:33 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2024 11:32 PM in response to amolhere

Hi,

Sometimes iMovie preferences can get corrupted. Try deleting/resetting preferences and see if that resolves it.

To delete/reset preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete

preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new empty library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the problem with transferring edits is resolved. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

iMovie is adding full video from album to Movie instead of adjusted & cropped video done in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.