You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing video clips from "Audio & Video" Tab in iMovie, version 10.3.8.

Videos I have already deleted from the hard drive are showing up in the "Audio & Video" Tab in iMovie, version 10.3.8. When I right click "reveal in finder" it goes nowhere because the original files have already been deleted.

How do I get the links to the deleted files to go away?

(Running Mac OS Monterey, version 12.7.5 on 13-inch MacBook Pro Retina early 2015)

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jul 26, 2024 9:40 AM

4 replies

Jul 26, 2024 11:04 AM in response to Mr_Youshi24

I’m using an older iMovie version than you. The videos are likely referred files from your Photos library and not in the iMovie system, as you have found. Since they are not in the Finder they are not taking up extra space except in the Photos app so no need to delete them unless you have a specific reason. I suppose you could delete the videos from the Photos library if you want permanently to get rid of them. Not recommended unless you are very sure you will never need them again.

— Rich

Removing video clips from "Audio & Video" Tab in iMovie, version 10.3.8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.