You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone help me determine what format I need to use Keynote on a TV?

I am on a class reunion committee. I have a presentation/slide show on Keynote. I would like use a USB to show it on a television. Can someone help me determine what format I need to use to do this? No one on our committee is techy. Please help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 26, 2024 3:33 AM

1 reply

Aug 7, 2024 2:12 PM in response to kbeasley

There is no answer to this.

It sounds like your TV has a USB input, but without knowing more about the TV it's impossible to say what you need to do to get your presentation to play on the TV via USB.

I'll go out on a limb and say there's about a 0% chance that your TV can play Keynote presentations directly. Off-hand, I don't know any that can.

It may be that your TV will recognize a USB drive with a series of JPG images on it, and will show a slideshow of those images, in which case exporting your presentation to JPGs and storing them on the drive may be enough.

However, there are a million and one gotchas with that. Different brands (and even models) of TV have different rules - some will play images on the top level of the USB drive. Others want specific named folders to display. Others will let you choose.

So without more details it's impossible to tell you precisely what you need to do.

The easier solution, if I dare to say, is to hook your computer to the TV via HDMI (assuming it has an HDMI interface), and just using it as an external display, which will let you run the presentation directly, ignoring the USB port altogether.

Can someone help me determine what format I need to use Keynote on a TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.