You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix Sonos and AirPlay connectivity issues?

Since Sonos did whatever they did to their software, I can't play my own library through their app. It's been suggested that I use AirPlay but it seems really flaky and plays sometimes but mostly not. And it only shows two of my four speakers, I mainly get no sound... as if AirPlay and Sonos can't talk to each other. Is this a thing with the Sonos AirPlay relationship?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Jul 23, 2024 1:27 PM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2024 6:36 PM in response to lainerbrainer

I can't get them to work with Airplay now, either. Sonos really screwed it up with their "upgrades" to the app. However, if I use another app, Elmedia, it starts to stream airplay to my Arc, but then stops and says that the Arc doesn't support Airplay. Check the Sonos forums for more info. The support section at Sonos says to use Airplay from a Mac, you have to use the Sound section in Systems Preferences and set the entire Mac to use Airplay, you can't just do it through Apple Music or another apps Airplay icon. I haven't tried it though, thinking a lot about other speaker systems now, but I've dropped more than a few bucks on Sonos product.

How to fix Sonos and AirPlay connectivity issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.