You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeatedly download Keynote presentations - why???

I am in sales and I use my iPad to show clients Keynote presentations. There are several standard Keynote decks I like to always have on my iPad and sometimes I don't have access to WiFi so I often download them to the iPad. I am running all the latest versions of software and have tons of room on the iPad. But it seems that every few weeks the presentations are no longer stored on the iPad and are showing the iCloud icon. So I have to download them again... and again... and again. Why will these not stay on my iPad?!?! Why do I need to redownload every couple of months. (My iPad is set to update automatically - maybe it coincides with software updates?) So frustrating to be in a client's office, wanting to pull up a presentation and it's not there because my iPad decided to no longer save it locally. I'm about to start looking for other devices because it's screwed me over more than once.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jul 19, 2024 6:01 AM

2 replies

Jul 19, 2024 7:41 AM in response to muguy

I have P L E N T Y of room in iCloud and on my iPad - there is no reason it would offload those files for space, I have more than 65% space remaining. The only issue with saving "on my iPad" is that if I make changes to the "master file" on iCloud, those changes won't be reflected in the one saved to my iPad, will they? This used to work perfectly for years - store it on iCloud and the most up to date version was always on my iPad. Now I constantly have to redownload.

Repeatedly download Keynote presentations - why???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.