You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artwork Issue When Using a PC to Load MP3 Files onto an iPhone

I have hundreds of albums in FLAC format stored on a NAS connected to a Windows 11 PC. I am converting some of them to MP3 files to load onto my iPhone 15 Pro Max running the latest iOS.

I have downloaded Apple Music and Apple Devices apps onto my PC. My FLAC files have tags including album artwork that I manage with Mp3tag. I am using J River to convert files from FLAC to MP3. The resultant MP3 files contain tags and artwork.

When I copy (drag and drop) the new files into Apple Music there is no artwork showing in the app. I just see the generic "note" icon:

But when I click properties on the album I see the artwork:

I tried clicking Add Artwork and chose the folder.jpeg I keep in the album folder and then I see the artwork in Apple Music:

But when I sync Apple Music with my iPhone using the Apple Devices app there is no artwork in Apple Music on the iPhone:

I see no way of adding artwork in the app on my phone. Why is this so difficult? Can anyone help with this?

I would love to be able to convert and copy without a bunch of manual steps.

Thanks,

Martin

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 16, 2024 3:51 PM

There are no replies.

Artwork Issue When Using a PC to Load MP3 Files onto an iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.