You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible for Keynote slide reordering like FCP magnetic timeline?

Is it possible to permanently fix certain slides or slide groups to their location in the numerical order of slides while also being able to dynamically reorder slides similar to the way clips move around in Final Cut Pro on the magnetic timeline? I'd like to reorder slides or slide groups higher or lower in the the slides list, and have other slides or slide groups move up or down as needed...all this while keeping the parent group locked in position.

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on Jul 15, 2024 9:09 PM

1 reply

Jul 16, 2024 7:41 AM in response to Tangier Clarke1

This will more clearly articulate what I want to do. For example, I'd like to move the selected slide above the last purple slide in the above group such that it moves the last purple slide in that group, down to the following group. So essentially slides 21 and 19 will swap places.

I suppose what I really need is to have count limits to how many slides or slide groups can be in the parent group so that Keynote would know if it should move slides in a group or outside a group.

Each parent group is a week and the purple slides represent how many classes are taught in that week based on an academic calendar; hence why I need a lockdown count for each parent group so this dynamic slide/slide group movement can work correctly. Otherwise moving a slide will just move it inside that group.

The idea is if I only meet a class three times (three agendas) in a week , then moving a slide or slide group into that week for whatever reason, would push down the agendas into the following week(s) for the entire document, except where I locked holidays and such.

Hope this makes sense.

Possible for Keynote slide reordering like FCP magnetic timeline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.