You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac g4 stopped seeing wifi networks

iMac g4 running 10.2.8. It had no problem seeing and connecting to my guest wifi network until a few days ago when it stopped seeing any networks at all. I rebooted the router and it was a fixed, or so I thought. I put the computer to sleep and when I woke it up later, the problem was back. Subsequent attempts to reboot the router did nothing. I tried creating a wifi network on the computer. Information on the screen reported that it was successful and the signal strength was at maximum, yet no other devices in the room could see the network. I removed the bottom plate and the airport card looked normal and connected, but I reseated it anyway, and still nothing. Could it be a bad airport card? Before I buy a new card, is there anything else I can try? I'm using ethernet for now, and that works fine, but I really would like to get the wifi fixed so I can eliminate the ethernet cable. I don't have the install discs so I can't run the hardware test.

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jul 15, 2024 4:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
2 replies

iMac g4 stopped seeing wifi networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.