You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the default properties of objects such as a textbox that are not present on a slide layout?

I am using Keynote on a MacBook. When I add a textbox to a slide it has a font style which I don't like, so I have to change it manually every time. Can I change this in the slide layout? Of course I can add a textbox with the right properties to the layout, but then every slide that I create has this textbox. And when I insert another one it still the same undesired properties. The same holds for other objects that can be inserted: I would like to be able to change their defaults too.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jul 11, 2024 9:24 AM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2024 12:56 PM in response to almanbr

You can change the default format for text objects by selecting text that contains the preferred formatting and using the Format -> Advanced -> Set As Default Text Box Appearance.

Now new text boxes in this presentation will use that formatting by default.

This setting is saved within the presentation, so changes won't apply to other new presentations and will need to be set accordingly.

How can I change the default properties of objects such as a textbox that are not present on a slide layout?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.