You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I access a Locked Keynote on my iPad if passcode forgotten?

I was trying to get back into a keynote on my iPad but I can’t remember the password and I suck at fingerprint tapping so I can only do the password that I don’t know! Please help

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jul 9, 2024 5:37 AM

6 replies

Jul 9, 2024 6:02 AM in response to Splattycakez

Assuming that you meant “Note” - vice “Keynote” - your options are unfortunately limited as password-locked Notes are VERY SECURELY protected.

Your options are:

• Unlock w/ your passcode … although it sounds like this option wasn’t selected.

• Unlock w/ password using the “hint” (only if a meaningful hint was setup)

• Correctly enter your password.

There are no other workarounds, bypasses, or recovery means.

The “good news” is there is no missed-attempt lockout or time delay, so you CAN keep on trying.

From Apple: “… If you use a unique password for Notes, there's no way to access your locked notes if you forget the password … “

Source: How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (AU)

Jul 9, 2024 6:13 AM in response to Splattycakez

Ok … sorry … we see lots of “typos” and “mis-posts” in this community.

I’m not at all sure about a password-protected presentation as Keynote isn’t an application I frequent.

Other community members more versed in “Keynote” operation and usage will undoubtedly jump in shortly.

In the interim, maybe something here might help:

Keynote User Guide for iPad – Apple Support (AU)

Keynote User Guide for Mac – Apple Support (AU)

Best of luck. 👋

How do I access a Locked Keynote on my iPad if passcode forgotten?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.