You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro is connected to internet but there is no connection

Mac is connected to internet but there is no connection, on the same router every other devices works, even if I try different network I can connect but still doesn’t work. I tried to reset router, forget network, restart, renew DHCP lease, DNS 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4,

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 14″, 14.5

Posted on Jul 5, 2024 5:02 PM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2024 5:26 PM in response to cirass990

Given where this question was posted, are you running macOS Server here? I’d tend to assume not given the version number and the hardware in the footer, and will assume that this is a macOS question, and not a macOS Server question.

Does the Mac connect while booted in Safe Mode?

If you have any add-on anti-malware apps, any add-on VPN apps, any add-on cleaner apps, or similar apps, remove all of those per the vendors’ instructions, restart, and test connectivity again.

Are there any firmware updates available for the Wi-Fi router from the Wi-Fi router vendor? If so, apply the latest of those, and test again.

Are here any filters or parental controls or similar screening-related apps or services configured within the Wi-Fi router? If so, disable all of those, and test again.

Does this Mac have more than one network connection active? Both wired and Wi-Fi wireless, for instance? If so, does this Mac connect correctly when only one network connection is active?

My MacBook Pro is connected to internet but there is no connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.