You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Read the harddisk of a burned airport time machine

My external harddisk failed on my Imac. So I used the time machine to restore the lost volume. During this process my airport time capsule burned and stopped working. Time capsule can find the drive, but fails reading it. I took the HDD 6TB out and tried the old HDD 3TB, that was replaced 2 years ago, but working fine. Same negative result. I tried to read the drives in a wd elements external harddisk dock. I see only to volumes, APswap and APconfig. There seems to be another drive, that is invisible. This is on the 6TB hdd but also on the 3TB disk. So I conclude the drives is stil OK. Time machine on my mac does not recognise the drives. What do I need to to be able to read my time machine HDD ? Can I buy a small NAS from synology and install te drives? Or do I need data recovery ?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.7

Posted on Jul 3, 2024 2:51 AM

2 replies

Read the harddisk of a burned airport time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.