You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently recorded my Screen and I was able to see the videos on the desktop after restart I cannt find those videos

I recently recorded my Screen and I was able to see the videos on the desktop after restart I cannt find those videos, Those screenrecordings where quite heavy I wonder if they were actually stored or still in progress and currently being uploaded to icloud and becuase I restarted my mac they got removed?

can anyone help ?

Posted on Jul 1, 2024 12:43 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2024 11:11 AM in response to RNar

do you have "Show Floating Thumbnail" enabled? when active, the recording will temporarily show up on the bottom right of your screen before being saved and moving to the chosen “save to” location. I have seen issues when others (and myself) that when interacting with the "floating thumbnail" it can cause the recording to disappear, never to be found again. that is why I personally ALWAYS leave "show floating thumbnail" disabled.

I recently recorded my Screen and I was able to see the videos on the desktop after restart I cannt find those videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.