You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor Video Resolution on QuickTime

Hi,

I'm running macOS Sonoma 14.2.1, on Mac Mini M2 Pro computer. I use Logic Pro X to compose music, and I use QuickTime to record the screen off of the Logic Pro session, kind of to record the tracks as the playhead moves around. I then take those video clips and put them on iMovie with the finished audio file.

I am using a Samsung 34" curved display monitor.

My problem is that the Logic Pro recorded videos on QuickTime look very foggy and sort of pixelated in those videos! When finally exporting the main video from iMovie I choose all the Best Quality options, but the problem does not seem to be on iMovie, but rather in the source clips coming from QuickTime.

Any idea how to get QuickTime to record the screen at the same resolution that is displayed? Is this because of the monitor?

Thank you,

Ashraf Dahab

Posted on Jun 29, 2024 1:19 AM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2024 12:29 PM in response to sharnoob1

When I go to Settings/Displays on my Mac, I see the screen set to 3440/1440.

That seems plausible. Alright.

I am not able to find the screenshot image after taking it! Where do they go?

For me, screenshots go to the Desktop. I think that is default, but macOS allows setting a different location.

(⌘⇧5)﹥Options﹥[sᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ] …

The screenshot files should by default get named like: “Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 09.41.00.png”, i.e. with a date and time stamp.

I then take those video clips and put them on iMovie with the finished audio file.

That may be the issue. iMovie can easily force a different resolution, and exporting from iMovie can easily force a preset resolution as well. You may want to get advice from the expert iMovie users in the other forum.

Poor Video Resolution on QuickTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.