You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote audio recordings out of order

When we get students to record audio on a Keynote slide, they'll often stop and start the recording. This is generally okay, but if they then listen to their recording (which is natural enough) and then insert it onto the slide, it will often end up with the sections of the recording out of order.

Here's how that looks.

https://youtu.be/kd300hxcYLo

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jun 23, 2024 6:49 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2024 5:49 PM in response to jentzly

Odd. I can see how this would be confusing.

However, I just tried it on my system and couldn't recreate the problem.

You say 'often'... how often? what percentage of the time does this happen? Maybe I didn't try enough times.

Also, is there any consistency in which recordings work vs. fail? Specific devices, for example, or length of pause (I could conceive how a long pause might mess up if the app saves (including syncs to iCloud) during one of the pauses, but that didn't seem to be a problem in your example video)

Keynote audio recordings out of order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.